NIST 800-53 Compliance Management
Government agencies require a high level of security to protect their information. NIST regulations were developed to provide standards and guidelines that would help federal agencies implement mandates in the Federal Information Security Act of 2002 (FISMA), created to protect federal organizations from cyber-attacks. NIST 800-53 compliance is mandatory for all government agencies and violations can result in severe fines. More importantly, however, failure to adhere to FISMA can increase your organization’s vulnerability to attack.
While the highest level of cyber security is paramount for any government agency today, staying current with these frequently changing rules and regulations can be confusing, time-consuming, and difficult.
Sedara provides a cost effective way to manage the increasing risks that exist for companies today. With constant monitoring, we provide the visibility needed to ensure you are maintaining compliance.
- Assess – understand where vulnerabilities are and how to fix them
- Identify – know what the necessary rules and regulation are that apply to your organization
- Implement – patch the missing links that put you on the track to full compliance
- Monitor – automate the monitoring process to ensure real-time alerts and prevent any breaches
- Response Planning – if an issue arises, be ready to respond quickly to reduce any possible risks