Comprehensive Guide to Improve Cybersecurity WITHOUT Spending a Dime
~ Check Below For New Topics Updated Regularly ~
There is a common underlying thought of what is mandatory to bolster cybersecurity. A bigger budget. Yes, a budget can go a very long way, but a cybersecurity strategy is only as good as its foundation and those implementing it. This guide will take you a couple steps back from the “Buy this new next-gen box to permanently stop malware!” content that floods your feeds daily. Back to the basics of the time-consuming yet IMPERATIVE best-practices.
What You Will Get From This Guide
Knowledge on how to address foundational aspects of a strong cybersecurity posture to reduce risk.
Your reputation with customers, partners, stakeholders, and regulatory bodies correlates with your risk. Reducing risk gives you credibility, resilience, and ultimately a competitive advantage. Nobody in their right mind is happy doing business with a higher risk entity next to a competitor that already understands the same risk and has accounted for it. The operational repercussions of a cyber attack can usually be fixed, but still put an unnecessary burden on your budget. The reputational repercussions are a lot harder to correct if even possible at all and sometimes even permanently shut a company down.
This series isn’t made to blast you with WHY cybersecurity is important. The world has already shown us that. So we will cover exactly HOW to properly secure a network. If you need more justification to put a true emphasis on understanding proper cybersecurity, please read this.
It is possible for most companies to improve their cybersecurity WITHOUT spending a dime. That being said, nothing in today’s world is free. What we cover in this series will still cost time, and yes, it can be summed up into one idea; best-practices.
Who This Series is For
- A CISO or Manager that needs to create a new cybersecurity strategy, plan or policies.
- Security teams with limited resources that want or need to improve their cybersecurity posture.
- New security professionals who want a raw, industry-forged view on what is important to guarantee a solid security foundation.
- Security professionals who are sick of all of the flashy new boxes and want to implement a more lean and effective cybersecurity strategy.
EVERY COMPANY SHOULD READ THIS FIRST
- Implementing Access Controls (Last Updated: 8/18/17)
- Employee Training (Updated: 9/20/17)
- Data Storage, Movement, and Encryption
- Environment Configurations
- To Be Continued…
Talk to Us
If you have questions or comments on any content please get in touch. ESPECIALLY if you would like to see a professional breakdown of any specific topics related to cybersecurity. We will answer them and update the content accordingly. Comment below or email us at [email protected] !