The Virtual Security Engineer works in tandem with the vCISO to implement and execute the Cybersecurity Development Program strategy.
They sit between the blue team and operational team to play an integral role within the Program. The result is to minimize risk by assessing and securing your network.
The vSE can:
- Provide hands-on engineering of
- Endpoint Security
- IDS (Intrusion Detection)
- IPS (Intrusion Prevention)
- High Value Asset Assessments
- Risk and Vulnerability Assessment
- Threat Hunting
- Penetration Testing
- VPN and Remote Access
- Security Logging
- Vulnerability Management
- Security Incident Response
- SMA (Security Management Appliance)
- Respond, research and remediate reported security incidents, alerts and endpoints
- Engineer long term solutions
- Evaluate and recommend security products for various platforms and initiatives
- Provide prescriptive guidance on system implementations, identifying security issues, current data collection practices, incident response activities and corrective actions.
- Work with Security Architect, CISO, Director, Architect, Manager, Lead, Analyst, and Staff to develop and help carry out security program plans across a wide range of technology, tools and environments
- Assist in technical remediation of compliance audit findings as well as gathering audit proof