What is a Virtual CISO?
A virtual CISO (vCISO) brings both strategic and operational leadership in Cybersecurity to business.
Chief Information Security officers (CISOs) are highly sought after, expensive and hard to come by.
A vCISO is an outsourced security provider who offers their skillset and insight to an organization on an ongoing basis without bias.
A Typical Virtual CISO will have:
- Spent years in the industry,
- Has a wealth of experience having dealt with a wide variety of scenarios.
- Develops a Cybersecurity Program
- Engaged to design the organization’s security strategy, engineer and project manage the implementation.
- Ability to Report, Document and Present to C-Level, key stakeholders, regulators and Internal IT teams.
- Provides ongoing support and strategy to ever changing attack surface.
6 Reasons to have Sedara as your vCISO
- In-depth understanding of the threat landscape, regulatory and compliance requirements. From NIST to PCI to Breach, Sedara has implemented well over 800 security projects.
- Cost and Retention. Most CISO’s are retained for 2 years or less and generally burnout from either office politics or reporting requirements. vCISO’s are results driven and cost 30-40 percent of CIO’s.
- Project managers define an appropriate strategy and roadmap and are vendor agnostic
- Tactical to Strategic execution. Whether you have an immediate threat or long term security vision, we no only recommend the work, we do it.
- Require little or no Internal Training. vCISO have an abundance of resources at their fingertips without needing to understand the inner workings of a company or go through HR training.
- Security Team, not an individual. When you hire a vCISO they are backed by an internal team of Security Engineers, Threat hunters and Compliance driven professionals. Landscape constantly changes that only a team can dynamically adjust to.
Contact Sedara to start a discussion about your Cybersecurity Development Program